The NTRA keeps abreast of the latest technologies, and encourages national and international investment in telecommunications within a framework of open competition, in order that it can:
- Ensure that telecommunication services reach all areas of the country.
- Protect national security and higher state interests.
- Ensure optimum use of the frequency spectrum.
- Assuring the compliance with the State-approved provisions of international agreements and the issued resolutions by regional and international organizations.
- Monitor technical and economic efficiency programs for all telecommunications services.