The licensing application should be submitted on the applicant company's paper (template) in the name of the NTRA’s Acting Executive President (CS 4-1).
Licensing The Use of Maritime Wireless Devices Aboard a Ship:
The following documents should be attached to the application:
- The personal data sheet of the device users and two copies thereof (CS 1-18).
- Three copies of the users’ national ID cards, certified as true copies and stamped with the applicant’s seal.
- A permanent authorization for the applicant’s delegate or an authorization of that delegate pursuant to the application. A copy of his National ID card should be attached therewith (CS 20-2).
- The applicant’s acknowledgement and designation of the official who will be held responsible before the NTRA with regard to the wireless devices (CS 22).
- A letter from the source of supply of the wireless devices with the data of the devices to be licensed (CS 10 model).
- The form of the appropriate technical specifications of the wireless devices to be licensed (CS 5-1).
- Three copies of the company’s commercial register, certified as true copies, and stamped with the applicant’s seal, indicating its activity. The original copy should be submitted for review.
- Three copies of the company’s tax card, certified as true copies, indicating its activity. The original copy should be submitted for review.
- Three copies of the technical specification catalogues of the wireless devices to be imported for display and sale. They are available on the manufacturer's website.
- The approval of the Ministry of Transport - Maritime Transport Sector.
- The approval of the Ministry of Transport - Egyptian Authority for Maritime Safety (EAFMS) – Marine Inspection department.
- The approval of the Ministry of Petroleum's security department for the temporary licensing of the usage of maritime radio devices aboard survey and seismic research vessels and offshore oil drilling rigs.
- Three copies of the ship registration certificate. The original copy should be submitted for review.
- The receipt of payment of administrative fees determined by the NTRA’s treasury.