The GSM Association (GSMA) is the global trade association representing more than 700 GSM mobile phone operators across 218 countries of the world.
The GSMA aims mainly at ensuring accessibility of mobile phones and wireless services worldwide. The Association also aims at enhancing their value to individual customers and national economies, while creating new business opportunities for operators and their suppliers.
The GSMA held the Mobile World Congress this year in the period from 11 to 14 February in Spain.
The congress will handle a number of important issues, chief among which are:
- the trade relations and the digital market approaches and involvement of the mobile in commercial transactions
- development of mobile market
- the new available investment opportunities
- money transaction via mobile
- investment opportunities and partnership opportunities between governments and companies
- 3G technologies
- Pricing strategies
A delegation from the NTRA will take place in the congress and will visit the different wings of the exhibition, which will be held on the fringe of the congress