The Syrian Capital is hosting an important joint meeting for the Arab ICT and Information Ministers in the period from 14 to 17 November 2008. The Egyptian delegation is headed by Dr. Amr Badawi, the executive president of the National Telecom Regulatory Authority (NTRA).
The meeting is preceded by an Expert Meeting on 13th November 2008, followed by a meeting for the permanent committee of the Information Ministers and another for the ICT Ministers. A joint meeting will be held on 17th November 2008.
The meeting will highlight a number of important issues such as:
- Impact of convergence and its implementation in the light of the appropriate regulatory frameworks
- Media and ICT infrastructures
- NGNs and broadband technologies
- Follow-up of the WSIS outcome
- Means of cooperation between the two sectors
Egypt submits an important paper on means of improving regional and international cooperation for more rapprochement between media and ICT technologies.
For more info: