Guidelines for Wireless Equipment Importers
1. Pursuant to ministerial decreases and importing instructions and resolutions, a page numbered register CS/R26 will be created to monitor the imported and locally manufactured wireless equipment. The register which shall be approved by NTRA is to be found at the equipment showrooms and stores.
2. The instructions will be handwritten at the top of the register and shall be approved by the company and NTRA.
3. The sold, imported or locally manufactured equipment are registered in an ascending serial order, taking into consideration the following documents:
a. A copy of NTRA’s approval to the customs clearance document
b. A copy of the testing writ of the Standardization committee approving the locally manufactured equipment
c. Selling invoice
d. Usage license
e. Delivery writ
4. Register CS/R25 will be created to record maintenance operations of the wireless equipment with valid licenses.
5. The approval of the Egyptian Organization for Standardization & Quality Control verifying the validity of the locally assembled or manufactured wireless equipment is to be submitted.
6. An importing request will be submitted to NTRA so as to proceed with the needed measures before the arrival of the licensed equipment by an adequate time.
7. On reaching customs, a custom clearance request will be submitted so as to permit the release of the imported freight (in addition to the importation request from)
8. In accordance with the licensing conditions, the sold equipment are technically configured. They are delivered to the user by means of a delivery writ.
9. The stock is the difference between the locally manufactured equipment and the newly licensed imported ones after subtracting the sold equipment
10. NTRA should be notified formally whenever the company’s legal structure is altered within 15 days from the date of alteration.
11. The permit will be nullified if the registers are not submitted to NTRA for the semi-annual review. Consequently, no approvals of importation or customs clearance will be issued unless a new permit is issued.
12. Importation of the wireless equipment is subject to Telecom law no. 10 for the year 2003 and the ministerial decree no. 258 for the year 2003 issued by His Excellency the Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology concerning the wireless equipments usage.
Documents needed for wireless equiplment importers
• A request addressed to Eng. CEO of NTRA
• A commitment letter stating the company chairman's or his deputy's responsibility about the wireless equipment and his commitment to abide by the licensing conditions
• An authorization from the company identifying the authorized deputy
• A copy of the deputy's ID is to be attached
• Data of the importers' branches registered in the tax ID and the commercial registry
• Data of the company's owners together with 2 copies clarifying the following:
• (Full name- number and issuance place of the ID- birth date and place- job- detailed current address- copy of the ID of each)
• Attached technical specification form
• 3 copies of the tax ID and the original copy for review
• 3 copies of the commercial registry and the original copy for review
• 3 copies of the importers' registry ID and the original copy for review
• 3 copies of the catalogues of the equipment to be imported and the original for review
• Payment of the due administrative fees