The NTRA keeps abreast of the latest technologies, and encourages national and international investment in telecommunications within a framework of open competition, in order that it can:
• Ensure that telecommunication services reach all areas of the country.
• Protect national security and higher state interests.
• Ensure optimum use of the frequency spectrum.
• Assuring the compliance with the State-approved provisions of international agreements and the issued resolutions by regional and international organizations.
• Monitor technical and economic efficiency programs for all telecommunications services.